Friday, May 9, 2008

Then and Now...

"Oh well, he thinks he's really smart now. So what if he's a young teacher ? Must we all then follow his line of reasoning as a result? But most importantly can't he get his voice and emotions down? Someone needs to cut him down to size pretty soon!" After that day, I of course did not think Uncle was 'friend' material. He just did not cut it for me.
Then we boarded 'that bus' and he cracked some of the deepest jokes while he tried to snoop around African Queen's bod! Then the Bacardi, then the smiles, then the very smart but air-less conversations and now, I'm wondering; "Where the hell did I get that first impression from?"

As for Sura, I got the impression that he was very prim and proper as I had only seen him in suits before. Even when I didn't, he spoke clean English and came across as a sucker for all things proper! I wasn't particularly drawn but neither was I withdrawn.
Then he arrived a day later and made us feel like we had spent the first day being very ruly (sic)! He ranted and raved and cussed without measure. But that was a nice twist to have in the mix. God thing he came after all.

Gorris was quite nice but I wasn't very excited. I was cutting my hair with my friend and she came to do an interview of him. She made me wait for them and just when I was ready for my own interview, she smiled and waved goodbye! I swore I'd let her regret not interviewing me that day. But I forgot all about it. We bumped into each other a couple more times and actually became friendly especially when I was going to be put up for sale.
Then she arrived some hours later than we had and ditched them. She danced, talked, ate, talked, smiled, talked, danced, talked and just would not stop. Now I love her too much and want to interview her instead!

Omo liked to fly under the rader. She would sneak into an event and sneak out believing she wasn't noticed. "Hi!" was the most I ever heard her say with a smile that she probably wiped off her face the moment I turned around. She just came across as amazingly beyond reach. Giving you the necessary smile but telling you where your limits were. I just could not unravel her and wouldn't try to anyway.
Then we got on the bus and she cussed everything in sight for being out with her at that time. Then we drank and danced and ate and I spilled my drink on her. She gave me the look, held herself back and simply walked away with a smile. At that point, I knew we were family!

Princess was just always the nice one. The smile was a constant, the courtesies were never absent and she just always said the right things at the right time otherwise, she never said anything. Apart from a few handshakes and one liners here and there we never really talked until the day she got introduced to 'Dear Dolly' and she almost laughed her heart out.
Then we got on the bus and I realised she was even nicer than I'd thought, had an even wider smile and didn't wait a second to hit you across the head for teasing her. She almost never drank but still managed to keep up with the insanity. She's the sweetest!

Chaiboo's neck was kinda lean at the time. He seemed excited at his job and what he had been assigned to do there that day. He tried to start off a conversation which I played along with but was not realy interested in. He came across as realy nice and gentle and humble and the sort of guy your mum would like you to be friends with.
Fast forward to 2 years later, to the bus and everything in between and now I know that he's definitely not gentle, surely not nice and humility is not a word he's ever heard. But inspite of all those, he's still the sort of guy your mum would like you to be friends with! Loyal to the core...

"Ah, I know that face! She's actually better looking in person than on TV. She's hot o but I better keep a straight face for now since she's already trying to put up a front." That voice in my head could not have said otherwise after I had seen the very gorgeous Nwadiuto with her chin up, her legs put together and leaning to the side, and a smile, the farthest thing on her face. Then she started becoming friendlier with time but still appeared uptight. "Wetin sef?"
Then we got on the bus and she got tickled and tickled everyone and laughed and then ranted and firted and resisted. "All these moods in one?" I wondered and watched. Then we drank and ate and joked... Well today, the rest is history..

1 comment:

UNRULY INC said...

The Unrulies know who wrote this piece
And the Unrulies love who wrote this piece
The Unrulies NEED who wrote this piece