Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Once Upon a time...

"This bloody trip BETTER be worth it"....That was the thought going through my head as i struggled with my bags while going up the stairs of O'Jeez. Lord knows i had to answer 1 million questions from my Dad about this trip. I was sooo happy to be away for the weekend but wasnt sure if the trip would be worth it, little did i know......It was going to be more than worth it.
Lets start with how i met each unruly.....

The Unruliest one- We go waaaay back, as in over 10 years ago.....we met in sunday school, became friends and he started toasting me lol! He toasted me till i left the country and toasted when i came back......I guess all the toasting paid off lol!

Miss Delta- We met on a very popular naija website. some years back...we never really talked....she was quite popular on the site and used to put up a lot of pictures.....i thought she was vain or was really in love with her image.......fast forward to 2005/6 and i saw her on tv.....i gave her a call, invited her to an event i was hosting/co-ordinating.....we became friendlier....until we met again on the way to Ada. She's the one i would go to reminisce about school days....sorority stuff

Miss Singer/song writer/writer/- I always thought her locs were quite interesting looking. She knew lots of people...we knew OF each other but didnt KNOW each other that (really wasnt bovvered!) lol! Till the unruliest started to work with her, i got to know her a bit better......till we met again in Ada.....she totally opened up.....i never thought this one could even stomach a shot....she surprised me sha....and her love for Mo Hits......Out of this world...She's the one i would go to for professional advice...

Miss Prim & proper- Complete with the accent and all. She always accompanied Ms Delta to my events....Thought she was cool......quite serious.....so i didnt open my mouth to yarn anyhow with her cos i didnt know her that well...........till we met again on the way to ADA.....found that she was able to let loose.....cracked jokes.....and was ready to dance all night to any Mo Hits Song..She's the one i would most likely get into trouble or mischief with.

Dear Dolly- I came across this character at the nominees party, He was sitting next to me....or somewhere near me sha.......His Friend (Mr Lucky Housemate) was sitting near me as well and they kept gossiping in Ibo. It was quite amusing though.....didnt really get to know him until we boarded that bus.....he was totally uninhibited....cracked jokes,sang, danced, slept and even took horrible pictures of me sleeping! He kept saying "Dear Dolly....." I didnt get it at first..but when i did, i couldnt stop saying it, This lil fella is a sharp dresser, loves attention and really isnt bovvered if u dont like or understand him. He's the one i would most likely call to accompany me to an event...he's fun.

Mr Lucky housemate- really didnt meet him until the nominees party either......He called me by name and asked me a couple of questions.....i was pleasantly surprised cos i was like yay! he knows my name and we havent even been introduced yay! Im popular...lol! Silly i know...
He was quite jovial, laughed a lot and always had this air of "Im responsible" around him....you know....the kind of air prefects had in secondary school....I knew he was smart too cos i used to read his column all the time......I ran into him at the awards ceremony and we kept making faces and "claiming" the award.....(we were nominated in the same category).....I won ha ha!......This dude shocked me by loosening up and dancing with reckless abandon on the bus............when we got to ADA.....things started to get really interesting especially at the truth or dare table. He's the one whose column i dont miss....though i rarely talk to him about his columns

Uncle- Now the funny thing is i didnt even know who he was when i sat next to him in the bus. I just started to ask him questions and he would graciously answer....he was so mature....i was just happy to have someone who would listen to all my chit chat .....im sure the guy was tired of me talking at some point but he didnt show it and i didnt care.....i was really in the talking mood that day.....later at ADA....he opened up after the first bottle of Remy or was it Henessey(?) arrived......one minute he's prim, proper, intelligent....the next minute....he'll flip on you and yell "Areaaaaaaa". Uncle is the one i think i could turn to for advice..He's the wise one


I believe these people came into my life for a reason ....they are really supportive and im really grateful for that. I know we will be in each others lives for years and years to come....

5 comments:

Onome said...

noice....glad it was more dan worth it for u at d end..

Anonymous said...

u must have had fun on this your Ada trip with all these people you mentioned..meanwhile where is Ada

Unknown said...

Miss Delta sounds nice, and im still trying to guess who the unruliest one is...i wonder.

MissBalance said...

Just stumbled and found myself on ur blog and I'm loving the simplicity and dear-diary effect. Can identify just a few of ur unrulies cuz I observed them at a fundraiser I attended a while ago.
Cool!

Waffarian said...

eyaaaa...una do well