Monday, May 12, 2008

Beaurriful Ada!

Beaurriful Ada brought eight peeps together who probably missed their high school days and decided to enact it in the remote location of Ada. maybe it was the 96 hour bus ride, or the 2am village runthroughs, or the fact that the P was just too mush, 8 capable, beautiful, hardworking, loving, talented, funny, intelligent, creative peeps formed a bond.

In order of appearance:

It was the last day of camp or something like that i can't really remember. My camp peeps were all heading to "the island" which really was my first indication that if you live on the mainland you're on a "long tin". anyhoo, so my friend was like a friend of hers lives in ikeja maybe she can give me a ride. So I walk and Aunty was standing there like she was pissed as F and just generally ready to get the hell out, and who the hell was this walking towards her anyway? So I just knew we'd get along lol! and we have, from fushures, to barcelos dinners to....

Sweet Gal. I was with Aunty and she was like there's this Media Chick thingie and i don't really want to go by myself wanna come? so me being the ants in her pants type was like sure! even though i'm nowhere near media chick-ish lol. So we get there and everyone was just chatting and laughing and having a good time. Sweet Gal kinda took it upon herself to be the coordinator and was just too super nice to everyone. Even though i wasn't part of the celebrity clique, Sweet Gal sent me a text for the next meeting making me feel special (lol...) and we just started talking from there. And then together with Aunty started coordinating meeting times for events like the fushures.....

Jolly Giant came in late into the Rubbing Minds room. I hadn't watched his stardomness bloom so I had absolutely no impressions lol. Everyone in the room were strangers! except for Aunty (who is featuring a lot isn't she?). He came in with a group of peeps (one of whom was later christened "The Jerk" by me ...) and was cool, and said some surprisingly intelligent things...i guess can't really remember but i'm sure he didn't sound stupid sha...later when mingling Aunty was like he's kinda cute, and tall, and smells nice...LOL (Aunty don't kill me o!) and i was like yeah. and the rest is history (after them both playing stush and omoboy/girl)! And then Ada came about and Jolly Giant turned out to be nice and unassuming, which is a good thing for his stardomness.

I'm sure I met Energizer at some fushures function. What a burst of energy was my first impression!!! So cool. She can't come into a room and not go through it (on most days). Wild, eccentric, unapologetic, bubble of fun.....yay!!!! We never really talked though, just hi and bye. Then Ada and she was late and I think she defended a certain annoying media guy but then she kinda ditched them and joined the unruly side officially! And then we shared some girl talk in Ada and all was well! She's one unruly I truly miss when she's not around!

Dennis (as in Menace)....there's no word to describe oh! Only Dennis would sit down on the carpet, take off his shoes, and unbutton his shirt, all in the lobby of a posh golf resort! Dennis also wanted to turn the SMVAs into the SOURCE Awards, a la no violence! I liked when Dennis came along to an event cuz it just turned out the stuffiness element. In fact, I think he's a big unruly part of the Unrulies. Now what are the chances Dennis will actually read this blog?!?!?! not very high, not very high at all....lol! He's out being Dennis the Sura.

who next? uhm ok. Nominee parry for fushures at WAKA Bar, this is where our paths crossed Becks (as in Beckham, as in every woman's desire....gerrit? i'm so witty!). Although I had gotten a facebook add and the person saying he was a fellow Nominee and all that which i thought was really nice but I don't think I added him cuz i don't know him! Come to think of it now, he prolly just wanted to size everyone up to wonder how in the world the fushures team could EVEN nominate other peeps with him. I mean, really.......And then at the event proper I said hello and then asked Sweet Gal to tell him to move his head cuz he was blocking the KOKO and i couldn't take a pic(my my how far we've come...anyway). And then my house parry when he took me to a certain place and of course, after that he was my DAWG! lol.....ok, but really Becks is such a wonderful friend outside all the......"unruliness", loyal, dependable, helpful, etc. We all want to be like Becks when we grow up.

Last but not least we have Kiwi!!!!!!!!!! Kiwi apparently had been to many of the same events as I but I never saw him....maybe he blended into the night! And then we sat down at that table in O'Jez and really..............we got to know more about him then we woulda liked didn't we? lol.....he and Becks successfully traumatized me and convinced me of two things: 1) thank GOD i didn't go to boarding house and 2)my child will never go to University in naij. But i got an impression that evening. I loved the openness and his un-apologetic manner. "only the weak always feel they have to prove themselves" and Kiwi certainly wasn't weak. And then I told him he had a beautiful color (which was just me lying to make him feel berra cuz really, how many people woulda told him that before? lol) and he blushed. Cut to a few Hennessys lerra and i'm thinking "Kiwi is smart o!"

Whew! and me? i'm just chill. :o)!

No comments: