Friday, May 9, 2008

DIARY OF A LAGOS HOUSE GIRL 2

We got to Lagos by 8pm yesterday and I was truly amazed by the street lights on the 3rd mainland bridge.
Welcome to Lagos, said Mr Edem as we sped on the long bridge to Victoria Island where he stays with his family.
Mr Edem (That is my boss) is 42 years old, married and I must confess that he is a nice man to the core. I remember the first time we met and that was August 2007.
It was a Friday evening and it was my turn to prepare supper for the family...
….It was also the day that I launched my new outfit with the intention of causing Casala at the motor park. I dressed to-die like sister Bola would always say when going out at night.
I put on my Gawu jeans, brand new white BYC v neck t-shirt and my multi coloured Agbola shoes. I looked in the mirror and I swear with what I saw, J-Lo will hang herself if she had seen me at that moment. I decided to go bra-less cos of my intention of causing Casala at the car park even though I noticed that my pair of 36 were looking rather big in the t-shirt.
I stepped out but decided to work to the major road before catching a bike, that way everybody on the street would have the privilege of seeing the new Miss Akwa Ibom.
Kai, these small small boys can sabi to look person like say na TV.
Pascal, our neighbour called me Stella in confusion and asked if I needed transport fare to where I was going and trust me to open hand sharp sharp.
He gave me N80 and asked me to check at mama Onome place on my way back. The Pale go wait tire.dem no tell am say good soup say na money kill am,abi na N80 na him e wan carry chop kpomo?
As I jam the junction na em rain begin fall and before you go shout Affy my cloth don wet. I couldn’t stop and I didn’t want people on street to see me walking back wet. I walked on and finally an Okada (Motorbike) stopped and I climbed sharp sharp
On getting to the shop, I was already drenched in rain water and my boobs were not helping matters at all.The nipples were so erect that it seems they neglected the law of friction.
On Getting to the shop, there he was standing at the entrance shielding his tall well built body from the rain and a bottle of stout in his hands……………

1 comment: